A little more about me…
- I caught onto this online business thing through a chance encounter while living in Mill Valley, California in 2013. At the time, I’d been following my husband’s job back and forth across the Pacific for five years, while raising our three babies and trying to keep up some freelance writing and copywriting. While I love to travel and there are many wonderful things about expat life, setting up home and creating a full family life in a new town/state/country gets exhausting. I started to feel like I was just tagging along with my husband’s dreams and I yearned to create something for myself that I could sustain no matter where we lived.
- Soon I was devouring every podcast I could, astounded by the creative ways people were harnessing their unique skills to create a profitable business AND a life. They were bringing their whole selves to the table, showing up unapologetically and having a huge amount of fun in the process. I wanted that for myself.
- We’ve now given up the expat life for a sleepy seaside village north of Auckland, New Zealand. I love that I get to live at the bottom of the world and still work with inspiring women from New Jersey to New Delhi to New Plymouth, from London to California to Haiti. Yes Haiti. How awesome is that? Global entrepreneurship? Yes please!
- I have always wanted to speak another language fluently. I’ve been trying to master French for more than two decades. One day I’ll get there. A year in France is on our family vision board. Did I say we’ve given up the expat life? Not permanently – it’s just that next time we go, it will be on our terms.
- While I love our global interconnectedness, my local success sisters keep me sane. A brave cohort of babes in biz, claiming their right to to be independent women as well as mothers and to forge a path to success on their terms. If you haven’t found your local(ish) tribe, keep looking. They are out there..