There is nothing to writing. You just sit at a typewriter and bleed.
- Ernest Hemingway
Book coaching Packages
Let’s get that book out of your head and onto the page
Define your book idea
AKA is there a book in this?
So you’ve got an idea for a book…
Several ideas actually. It could be about this, but it could be about that… it’s for 40-something women in business, but it could also help men and younger women could get a lot out of it too…
Hold up! There’s too much going on in there. Is it one book, or several books? Are you writing for the right audience? No wonder your wheels are spinning. Before you can start to write, you need some structure and a plan.
In this session, we will:
- Get clear on your goals – Identify what you are trying to achieve by writing this book, and why.
- Find your powerful motivation for writing this book, that will keep you focused and on-track.
- Understand your audience – so you know who this book is for (and who it’s not for), what they need to know, and how you’re going to reach them.
- Refine your book topic – We’ll get clear on your promise to the reader, so you can decide what goes in (and what stays out) of your manuscript and set clear boundaries for your writing.
You’ll have an hour or two of prep work to submit in advance, then we’ll meet for 90 minutes on Zoom to discuss your answers and workshop your concept.
By the end of our session, you’ll have a clear concept for your book. You’ll know exactly what this book is all about (and what it’s NOT about), who it’s for, why you need to write it NOW and how it fits with your personal or business goals. You’ll deepen your confidence in your vision, so you can start spreading the word, building your audience and growing your authority as you write.
Plan your book structure
Create a complete roadmap to guide your writing
You’ve got your book idea and it’s time to make a plan to get it done.
And we’re not just talking any old book. You’re creating a book that delivers on its promise. A book that will take the reader on a journey, so they can learn, grow or take inspiration from your knowledge, experience and body of work.
Together we will map the journey your reader will take from the opening pages to the conclusion of the book:
- Understand your audience – so you know who this book is for (and who it’s not for), what they need to know, and how you’re going to reach them
- Define the purpose of your book – We’ll get clear on your promise to the reader, so you can decide what goes in (and what stays out) of your manuscript and set clear boundaries for your writing.
- Plot your destination – We’ll set your goals and get clear on where your book will take you reader and what she will know, feel and do when she gets there.
- Waypoints – We’ll figure out what she needs to know at each stage of the journey, to ensure she’s getting exactly what she needs to learn, understand and take inspiration from your ideas.
- Design a structure – We’ll create the ‘container’ for your book, so you know what goes in, what stays out and how to present your knowledge and your stories for maximum impact.
- A framework for writing -so that each time you sit down at your laptop you know exactly what you need to write about and how to shape it.
- Kickstart your writing – I’ll mentor you through your first pages, so you can feel confident and on track with your book.
Payment plans available
Kickstart your book in a weekend
Weekend book planning and writing retreats
If you’ve got a load of content you want to shape into a book – think blogs, webinar and podcast transcripts, or course materials – then let’s shape your book together in a weekend intensive.
This is a small group intensive, where you can expect to work hard and walk away with a great head start on your manuscript. Here’s how it works:
- 4 to 6 hours of advance prep work so you can come to the weekend fully prepared to dig deep and accelerate your progress.
- Day 1 – We’ll work through a series of exercises to help you clarify your book concept, structure and flow, with both group feedback and 1:1 coaching.
- Day 2 – You’ll start to shape your content and write your book.
Exactly how much you achieve over this weekend intensive will be up to you. If you put in the preparation beforehand, you can expect to get your writing journey off to a great start and have a clear plan that will guide you through the coming chapters.
I host these weekends twice a year, at beautiful venues within 1-2 hours of Auckland. The next weekends are tentatively scheduled for November 2021 and March 2022.
Keen to know more? Enter your name and email below and join my retreat mailing list.
Ongoing Writing Coaching
Ongoing feedback, accountability and support to help you get the book done
You’ve got a clear plan and all you need to do now is write the book. But then there’s life – kids, work, commitments. It’s all too easy for your dream to slide down the priority list.
As your book coach, I’ll be there to keep you on task and offer feedback on your completed chapters. I’ll hold you accountable for showing up to the page, identify when you’ve strayed too far from your concept, help you figure out what’s missing and fill those gaps.
Together, we’ll ensure your book delivers on its promise and becomes a book you can feel proud to see on the shelf. And you’ll have all the support you need for the creative journey on the way.
+GST per month